How We Source Game Meats, Australian Bush Tucker
As producers, wholesalers and distributors of the highest quality game meats and bush tucker in Western Australia, Mahogany Creek is the supplier of choice for many hospitality and catering businesses.
That’s because we understand that when it comes to game meats and gourmet Aussie foods, consumers want to know that they have purchased quality products, and what they’re eating is both authentic and sustainably sourced.
Beyond that, today’s menus often describe in detail not only the ingredients used and health values, but where those ingredients came from and how they were prepared. Local sourcing and professional processing is a vital consideration for businesses and consumers when seeking authentic game meats and Australian bush tucker.
Order with Confidence
When you order from Mahogany Creek you can be assured that all our game meats are free from antibiotics and chemicals and prepared under strict food standards. Products can be ordered in easy to use proportions for efficient menu planning and less waste.
We only source from Australian growers, including venison from WA’s South West, crocodile from the Northern Territory and Buffalo from Queensland or NT.
We have a range of fact sheets which can be downloaded from this website with information such as where our game meats are sourced, the type of cuts available, ways to prepare for the best cooking experience and the nutritional benefits of using our game meats and sausages.
Popular Fact Sheets
We’ve provided some of our most popular fact sheets here:
- Buffalo meat – Buffalo meat is a preferred substitute for traditional beef and lamb and best prepared grilled, slow cooked or braised. Mostly sourced from the Northern Territory it is deep red in colour with very little intramuscular fat. It is available as fillets, mince, cube roll and diced.
- Bush tomatoes – Sourced from central and Eastern Australia and mainly harvested by Aboriginal communities, bush tomatoes are sold in 250gm minimum lots and shine in salads, sauces and stews.
- Camel – High in protein and low in fat, camel is best featured in simple dishes and available in cube roll and fillets. It is sourced from the wild in central Australia.
- Chorizos – Unique and flavoursome, we produce our own buffalo, emu, and crocodile chorizo and source venison chorizo from Margaret River. They are available all year round and are the star on any tasting plate, grilled or featured on a pizza.
- Chutney – Bush tomato, Apricot and Quandong or Illawara plum, our chutneys are available all year round and produced in Perth.
- Crocodile – Sustainably harvested in northern Australia (Australian Crocodile Traders), this exotic treat is tasty, tender and versatile as well as being rich in flavour with high nutritional value. The meat is best cooked from frozen as this guarantees the moisture will be retained within. It should be cooked to medium rare. Choose from tail fillets, body flesh or bone-in legs. Also read product details.
- Duck meat – Our ducks are raised in NSW (Tinder Creek) and country Victoria (Luv-a-duck) and then transported to Western Australia for processing. Pieces (breast, legs, etc) can be ordered by the kg or by the number required. Next day delivery is available and our duck products are Halal certified.
Order Gourmet Game Meats Online Today
You can order game meats and Australian bush tucker online or via telephone 08 9249 2866.
Read details about becoming a customer, or arranging delivery to your business on this website. Browse our frequently asked questions or contact us for more information.